If you are very interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity, this article will most likely interest you. Computer security experts and professionals are in high demand in the job market, and this is just the beginning.
Keep in mind that, according to the research firm Xerfi, cybersecurity is a growing industry that is full of opportunities with a growth rate of 10% per year over the next few years in France. Moreover, the large-scale development of teleworking in 2020 has highlighted more than ever the need to train qualified personnel to protect data exchanges and the security of remote networks.
In the IT security industry, there are many globally recognized trainings courses and certifications to validate your expertise. Here, we introduce you to one of them: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
The CISSP certification was designed by the (ISC)² organization according to a Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). In addition, the CISSP is the first certification to hold the criteria set forth by ANSI and ISO/IEC 17024, and is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
Launched in 1994, the CISSP program is designed for expert security and network professionals and consists of eight competency areas:
- Security and risk management
- Asset security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and network security
- Identity and access management
- Security assessment and testing
- Security operations
- Software development security
The CISSP certification teaches skills that are in constant demand by employers. CISSP holders have the knowledge to understand the risks to an information system and the measures to take to protect the data and communications used by the company they work for.
To obtain the CISSP certification, a certain number of prerequisites must be met beforehand:
- Prove at least 4 years of paid experience in IT security.
- Fulfill and accept the (ISC)² Code of Ethics
- Answer 4 questions about your professional/personal background
- Have your experience validated by a third party who will attest to the information provided.
- Take the CISSP certification exam, i.e., answer a 250-question MCQ over a 6-hour period and obtain a minimum of 75% correct answers (i.e., 700 points)
Prepare for the CISSP exam with UDallas
IT-Gnosis is dedicated to your success. Therefore, for all experts wishing to prepare for the CISSP certification, we collaborate with the University of Dallas and your training centers. Indeed, we provide a preparatory course designed with tools that will help you review the different areas present in the (ISC)² exam.
- Official CISSP course material designed by the University of Dallas
- An all-in-one CISSP guide with all 8 CBK domains up to date
- The CISSP Practice Exams containing more than 250 practice questions covering all 8 CISSP domains
Why should you prepare for the exam with IT-Gnosis?
When you choose to get certified with IT-Gnosis, you choose experience and expertise because we have been working with the University of Dallas for over ten years to provide you with the best CISSP training. Over the years, many partners have trusted us, both in Western Europe and in North/West Africa. Today, we distribute the CISSP in more than 12 countries.
You would like to be trained? Or simply have more information? Do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com